1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV Xbox360/PS3 Query

Discussion in 'TVs' started by LiquidTV, May 22, 2005.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys,

1) Just to simplify matters as I'm slightly confused, is a HDTV one that can produce 1080p. The reason I ask is that mine can handle 1080/60i maximum? :confused:

Okay, the next point is that according to the spec released for the PS3 on the Gamespot website it will have a HDMI ouput supporting 1080i/p.

2) Can/will I be able to connect a DVI lead from my LCD to the HDMI connector of the PS3 using leads that are available?

3) Okay lastly, at the moment both my PS2 & Xbox are connected to the LCD via component feeds. I have hi-def enabled the Xbox using appropriate leads/softmod. Can you still achieve the same picture quality/HDTV through component leads as a DVI/HDMI?

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-C-15015-x-4-4

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    1080i is fine.

Yes - HDMI>DVI cables are readily available. However if your DVI slot is not HDCP compatible (check your manual for this) then any protected content, i.e. all commercial movies, will not be viewable. You'll be able to play games though.

Jury is out. Technically HDMI can be the better picture. However frequently component turns out to be as good/better for a number of reasons. However the caveat is that high definition movie discs will (probably) not be viewable over component.

3. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated.