1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV screenshots

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SPN, Jul 2, 2004.

1. SPN

SPN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

What do you guys use to make a 1920x1080 screen capture of an Euro1080 broadcast for instance? I can record the stream with DBVPortal to harddisk, and play it back with VideoLAN, but no way to make a screenshot with this program.

VirtualDubMod does accept the 1920x1080 captured mpeg file, but the screen stays black, only audio is available, therefore I can't use the 'snapshot' feature.

Thanks for any hints!

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    hi mate,
    I cant really help you with screen captres but wouldn;t mind a bit of info on how you capture Euro1080. I'm desperate to archive some of the concerts. I have a Euro1080 STB but it has a loop through for the co-ax so I guess I can feed that into a PC sat card (assuming that's what DVBportal is)..any pointers..and does it capture sound as well?

3. SPN

SPN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVBPortal is the program I use for capturing the Euro1080 feed to harddisk using a Skystar 2 PC satcard. There are other programs (ProgDVB, DVBviewer), but DVBPortal works best for me.

I can record the stream directly to mpg, video and sound without problem.

It does take lots of harddisk space though, I captured the Paris segment on the Astra HD test channel, almost 1Gb for about 6 minutes of video.

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    tha's it..must get myself a Skystar2 satcard. Can you think of any reason why loop through to a satcard wouldn't work okay?
    Probably silly question..is there only one Skystar2 satcard and any recommendations as to where to get one from.
    Getting a little more techincal, as I have a STB already which uses diseqc switching as I have a monoblock LNB will using Skystar2 cause any issues (that anyone can think of)
    Sorry for hi-jacking your thread mate ;)

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    final question actually..do I need to use a card reader or something to read my Euro1080 card?

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can't use your €uro1080 viewing card with a Skystar. You'll need a CAM module & a Hauppauge card.

Muf is probably the best person to offer advice as he has this exact setup.

:smoke:

7. Muf

Muf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The Hauppauge card works great but the software is not as HDTV friendly as the SkyStar. TechniSat are promising a new card for sometime later this year with CI slot, but by then perhaps the Hauppauge (TechnoTrend) software will have caught up. For the moment The Hauppauge does the job.

Jim