• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDTV picture quality

dhooper7

Standard Member
I recently bought a 37” Toshiba RV635 Regza for my living room. In the same room is my pc so I though why not connect the two up to watch the odd film, do a bit of surfing from the sofa etc...

The computer is the one in my sig, XPsp3, GeForce 8800 GTS 512 and so on...
The TV is connected via a DVI – HDMI cable from my 8800.

For some reason the picture quality isn’t great. I watched a dvd I have saved on the pc in iso format on the tv today and was really disappointed with the picture quality. It was a brand new film and the dvd wasn’t downscaled. It looked great on my primary monitor.
There are loads of screen tears in the picture particularly during panning or tracking shots.
I use riva tuner on the pc mainly to keep my fan quiet and effective during gaming.

What I don’t get is where do I configure this? XP, nVidia control panel or rivatuner?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom