1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV - Phillips 32PF9986?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Londoner, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Londoner

Londoner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at making the investment in a 32 LCD TV (32'' because I live in a cottage so space considerations mean can't look at anything bigger) which supports HDTV (in view of sky's launch of HDTV programming in 2006). :lease: I am looking at the Phillips 32PF9986 as it seems to be the best HDTV compliant 32'' LCD tv around at the moment. Would be interested in a) anyones views on the Phillips 32PF9986 - particularly from those who have it - and b) any other suggestions/better options in 32'' LCD tv's for HDTV.

2. oldguy

oldguy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in same position 2 weeks ago - then I read the 9986 appreciation thread - all you may need to know !!

3. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You'll find tons of information on the 9986 in these forums! It is probably the most discussed LCD here.

In short, yes, it is the best LCD currently easily available and will provide you with sensational picture quality and introduce you to a whole new viewing experience!

So there.

Jimmy

4. imh

imh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe are releasing a new 32 inch model for the same price (or cheaper) than the 9986 in a month or so. Will have HDMI and component connections, whereas the 9986 can only manage one at a time. If you can't wait though, the Philips is probably best for TV at the moment.