1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdtv on pioneer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by john.-h123, Oct 25, 2005.

1. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    like a lot of people out there i have the choice of either the panny or pio , i have made my mind up on the pio and been to look in the panasonic shop just to make sure i have made the right choice , this is where my problem starts both in the panasonic shop and at my local john lewis both panny screens are hooked up to hdtv demo, the only pio i have seen is running standard tv signal. does anyone know if the pio is hooked on hdtv on any of the big chains so i can see as i do not want to order until i can see it running, the panny looks impressive but its hard to compare when its the only one out of the top 2 that i can find with hd signal? then i only need to decide on what sound setup.....

2. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,358
    All the sevenoaks sound and vision stores that I have visited recently have had the Pio with an HDTV feed.

Even more useful, this has been a real satellite feed (from europe) rather than a demo.

Cheers,

Nigel

3. huss3

huss3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try comet, i have seen both the panny and pio on hdtv demo. choose the panny, cause the images from time to time on th pio where a bit out of place.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    John, you are worrying about the wrong thing. All of them look great with HD, but HD content will be in short supply for the next say, 4-5 years. You need to see them on normal TV, sky, freeview, and a normal DVD. That's what you'll be looking at for 99% of this panel's life I reckon. You do realise that skyHD will be just a couple of channels, and those only part time, and at a new premium price? And that HD-DVD and Blu ray may be a year away? And then, the software will be very expensive until it has widespread acceptance? X-box 360 ships with a standard DVD drive, and believe me, you soon get sick of the little clips off the net, I've seen them all, and I mean all, dozens of times. Euro 1080i has very limited content, mostly a demonstration loop, mountain bike racing and some sort of wet t-shirt contest. You need to be happy with SD, cos it's what we've got. Really, trust me even a samsung looks good with HD (well not like a Pio or Panasonic)

5. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for the replys , you make a good point about hdtv, i will look out for some one who has standard feed