hdtv on pioneer

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by john.-h123, Oct 25, 2005.

1. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    like a lot of people out there i have the choice of either the panny or pio , i have made my mind up on the pio and been to look in the panasonic shop just to make sure i have made the right choice , this is where my problem starts both in the panasonic shop and at my local john lewis both panny screens are hooked up to hdtv demo, the only pio i have seen is running standard tv signal. does anyone know if the pio is hooked on hdtv on any of the big chains so i can see as i do not want to order until i can see it running, the panny looks impressive but its hard to compare when its the only one out of the top 2 that i can find with hd signal? then i only need to decide on what sound setup.....

2. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,802
    All the sevenoaks sound and vision stores that I have visited recently have had the Pio with an HDTV feed.

Even more useful, this has been a real satellite feed (from europe) rather than a demo.

Cheers,

Nigel

3. huss3

huss3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try comet, i have seen both the panny and pio on hdtv demo. choose the panny, cause the images from time to time on th pio where a bit out of place.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    John, you are worrying about the wrong thing. All of them look great with HD, but HD content will be in short supply for the next say, 4-5 years. You need to see them on normal TV, sky, freeview, and a normal DVD. That's what you'll be looking at for 99% of this panel's life I reckon. You do realise that skyHD will be just a couple of channels, and those only part time, and at a new premium price? And that HD-DVD and Blu ray may be a year away? And then, the software will be very expensive until it has widespread acceptance? X-box 360 ships with a standard DVD drive, and believe me, you soon get sick of the little clips off the net, I've seen them all, and I mean all, dozens of times. Euro 1080i has very limited content, mostly a demonstration loop, mountain bike racing and some sort of wet t-shirt contest. You need to be happy with SD, cos it's what we've got. Really, trust me even a samsung looks good with HD (well not like a Pio or Panasonic)

5. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for the replys , you make a good point about hdtv, i will look out for some one who has standard feed