• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

HDTV for Gaming, Blu Ray and SD Television

Jay92

Standard Member
Hello I currently have the Samsung LE32B450C and I am looking for an upgrade. I want a 40 inch HDTV and I am willing to spend between £700-£800 on the new television.
I have been looking closely at the Samsung LE40B651T and it looks great with all its features, however, I've read something about it having bad lag for games and this is something I don't want.

If someone could please reccommend some 40" LCD HDTV which would be great for gaming, watching blu ray movies and also watching standard def tv and freeview.

Thanks

Jay

mattpm

Standard Member
Hi im considering the Samsung LE46B650 for primarily gaming and blu-ray, but like you i've heard issues with the lag.

Im wondering if its just minutia taking hold of reviewers or if it is actually seriously noticeable. Ive also heard that switching to 'Game' mode on the TV improves the lag.

Any experienced of owners of the B650 range (or B750 for that matter) want to give some feedback on this particular issue?

:)

Jay92

Standard Member
Anyone? lol
I've heard about that game mode to but doesn't it make the picture worse or something?

For me its between the Samsung le40b651 or the Sony KDL49W5500

If anyone could help it would be great

davidcharles

Hello I currently have the Samsung LE32B450C and I am looking for an upgrade. I want a 40 inch HDTV and I am willing to spend between £700-£800 on the new television.
I have been looking closely at the Samsung LE40B651T and it looks great with all its features, however, I've read something about it having bad lag for games and this is something I don't want.

If someone could please reccommend some 40" LCD HDTV which would be great for gaming, watching blu ray movies and also watching standard def tv and freeview.

Thanks

Jay

...try looking at a Toshiba 42rv635. It has resolution plus so SD looks good, has a game mode that works brilliantly (reduces lag etc and PQ ace thru hdmi) and also has exact scan 1;1 mapping for gaming and bluray viewing...:thumbsup:

Giburrows

I recently purchased this TV and adore it, I have a PS3 going through it for Blu Ray and games, Sky HD and the sound all runs through my Samsung Home theatre (not cinema, Apparently) system optically and it runs like a dream, The only lag I have had is because of Virgin BLOODY Media!!!

The only problem I have is the "dynamic" picture setting, It makes everything look like I'm there it's too vibrant for something filmed 10 years ago, I think it's the upscaler but even with Blu Rays I may as well be on the set!!!!

Can not fault this tv, I got it from amazon £900 with next day delivery using thier free "prime for a month" option.

I hope you make the same purchase as I as you will not be upset at all!!

COD MW2 1080p:thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Stig-

I recently purchased this TV and adore it, I have a PS3 going through it for Blu Ray and games, Sky HD and the sound all runs through my Samsung Home theatre (not cinema, Apparently) system optically and it runs like a dream, The only lag I have had is because of Virgin BLOODY Media!!!

The only problem I have is the "dynamic" picture setting, It makes everything look like I'm there it's too vibrant for something filmed 10 years ago, I think it's the upscaler but even with Blu Rays I may as well be on the set!!!!

Can not fault this tv, I got it from amazon £900 with next day delivery using thier free "prime for a month" option.

I hope you make the same purchase as I as you will not be upset at all!!

COD MW2 1080p:thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Is that the LE40B650 you're talking about?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom