HDTV : Component vs VGA

sdmilne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just wandering, what gives the best picture on an HD screen? Im currently using component cables on a Panasonic PX60 but i'm wandering if i'd actually get a better picture overall via a decent VGA cable?

Any thoughts?

I get far better results on my pio 436XDE with componant. Mind you it was a madcatz VGA. Looked clear but terribly washed out colours. :thumbsdow

People get mixed results.

IMo give it a try, especialy if you use the 360 to play DVD's.

Watch out for xbox 1 compatability issues with VGA tho.

those are few, if not none, i have a crap load of my old xbox games, and they all work prefectly fine

Is it true that with VGA, it upscales your DVDs? If so, how much better quality do the upscaled DVD's play than if they were played from a regular DVD player (not upscaled)?

Yes it does upscale DVD's over VGA. You should see a noticable difference over a non upscaled DVD player. I don't use my DVD player any more as the upscaled 360 provides a better picture.

All depends on your screen though.

Thanks. I have a Phillips 37PF5521D.

vga,by a long shot.

those are few, if not none, i have a crap load of my old xbox games, and they all work prefectly fine

Well the following will not work over vga for me:

Thief: Deadly Shadows (not based on the group in any way, a misleading sale for this buyer)

Halo 1

Forza motorsport (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, this one grinds my teeth as I still want to play it)

Call of chththululthu, or however you spell it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom