1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV/Component input on Loewe Articos

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Flip-Oh, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Flip-Oh

Flip-Oh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

ATI has just released it's HDTV dongle for the Radeon 8500 graphics card. With it, you can use a HDTV to show the output of your computer in full 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i glory ;-)

My new 32" Loewe Articos will be delivered next saturday. It's not a HDTV but it does allow for component input. Would the ATI HDTV dongle do me any good?

Greets,
    Jorg

2. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Only if the TV will Accept 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i resolutions.

Im interested in this dongle aswell do you know of a UK suplier?

Paul

3. Flip-Oh

Flip-Oh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out www.ati.com. I think I read there somewhere that it will only be available in the US. But there's probably a US company that will ship overseas ;-)

Anyone know if the Loewe Articos does any of the above mentioned HDTV modes?

Greets,
    Jorg

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't totally confirm this since I've also been looking at the Loewe TVs (as a next replacement if my Tosh TV has a fault). I'm pretty sure that the Loewe TVs can to NTSC prog.scan (480p so it should be able to do 480i as well). Can't confirm that the TV supports PAL prog.scan though and I'm pretty sure it won't support 1080i.

The TV can be upgraded via modules and thats the only way to get these modes. Best to check with Loewe directly mate.