Quantcast

>>>| HDTV Buyers Guide |<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielo TM

Novice Member
No LCD has stable response time and some can peak at 25-30ms. But in any case, MVA, PVA and IPS are now similar in terms of motion performance. It wasn't like this before.

PS: Only budget monitors have TN panel.

Razenko

Standard Member
Is there anyway I can improve black level performance without losing brightness?
Lowering the backlight isn't exactly working either, it makes black a bit blacker, but I think the whole image gets too dark if I do that.
But why does LG.Philips keep on producing large S-IPS panels if it is that bad and has no advantage to other panel types? why not switch to VA?
And why would any producer of flat panel TV's use S-IPS panels if they are that much inferior?

And I almost bought a Panasonic 32LX70, but I thought that the price difference wasn't worth it....:suicide:

PS: Most PC monitors have TN panels, only the ridiculously expensive monitors have IPS or S-PVA panels....

Razenko

Standard Member
Hi,

Today I went to check out a friends new TV, a Toshiba 42X3000.
What I noticed was, that the black level was much better, and more importantly, viewing angles with darker scenes.
On my 32C3500, with low lightning conditions, the black areas turn to grey when you look from the side of the screen.
This hardly happened on the 40X3000.
The odd thing is, they both got S-IPS Panels (Don't confuse the 40x3000 with the 42x3030, they have different panels, 42X3030 is CMO).
I'm starting to get the feeling my screen is busted, I mean, they both got the same type of panels, even on the lg.philips website the specs are pretty much the same except resolution and size.

Nielo TM

Novice Member
no your screen is fine.

There are different types sub-panel technology behind the primary design.

SkilledNutter

wow my head hurts now :rolleyes:

Oggie

Hi mate

Whats your opinion on samsung led's (7000 and 8000 series) . Looking to buy 40" 7000 for freeview and ps3 ;)

Thanks for your time :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom