HDTV as PC Monitor Problems...

stepsy

Standard Member
I have just bought a 32" HD ready lcd tv 1920x1080p and have an 4870 graphics card with dvi/s-video output. I am using a dvi to hdmi adapter and hdmi cable to send picture to the tv. The text on my display is terrible, and the picture is'nt that good either. I have tried my other tv and it has a resolution of 1366×768 and the picture and the text is much better but the icons etc are scaled up. I really wanted to use the 1920x1080p tv but cant figure out whats wrong. Should'nt it be better than the 1366x768?

HDTV - Evotel 32" FHD (1920x1080p)

I would really appreciate some help with this as I am stuck with the tv!

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
You need to make sure that your TV is set to exactly the right resolution , horizontal and vertical frequency etc.
There should be a table listing these somewhere in your user manual.

razor92

Standard Member
You should be careful doing that because the low resolution of most TV compared to there size normal results in very poor quality text, especially if viewed up close. If you look at the native resolution of your TV you will notice that it is actually lower than that of a 24" monitor which normal runs at 1920x1200 and the extra 8" on the TV seriously lowers the pixel density . However you should try using your s-video output to ensure that its not just a damaged port or lead. Also video should look perfect when viewed at standard TV distance.

stepsy

Standard Member
Thanyou for your help but I have given up with the lcd tv idea it just looked crap. I bought a hanns g 28" which is brilliant. I tried to return the tv to curry's today but they were so peevish they would not take it back even in the original shrink wrap. I will never buy from them again. Thankyou all!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom