1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV and macs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jont, Jul 14, 2004.

1. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Was wondering what the hdtv options might be for macs at the moment ... I remember reading an old thread about hdtv by satellite of the eyetv400 box but I don't remember where the guy lived to see how close he could be ... I'm in Glasgow with a 1m sky dish and I could unhook one of the quad lnb feeds to go to an eyetv box and then into my G5 + 20" display ...

The alternate is any hdtv d'loads ... does WM9 for mac support hdtv ? I guess I'll have to wait for the tiger OS and h264 to get hi-def from quicktime ??

any help appreciated ...

Jon

2. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know about the eyetv box, but HDTV d/loads that are in the ts.format work on the MAC, You use a program called VLC which is available from www.versiontracker.com/macosx.

I have tried a WMV HD download on my G4 MAC using Windows Media Player latest version for the MAC, it did play but was jerky. So as long as you get the .ts files, you'll be ok.

I have SAT TV through my PC, and am led to believe I can stream it to VLC on my MAC, but I have not tried this yet.

3. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have a chat with the guys down at Digital Safari http://www.digitalsafari.net

Not only do they distribute Euro 1080 but they seem on the ball with HD material running on Macs.

Pemberto