1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV and AE100 or EMP-TW100?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tomthx, Jul 16, 2002.

1. tomthx

tomthx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,
    My first post here, finally I have found a forum that has some discussion about the TW100. I am after an opinion regarding what I should purchase.
    It's time to upgrade my SharpVision XV-380H (a champion LCD for the last 4-5 years). I have been investigating projectors for the last 6 months, as I am about to finish building my Home Theater and give the family room back to the family:)
    I like the look of the PLV-60 or EMP-TW100 (around AU$9500 each) but with the way technology is progressing in the projector market I am thinking about buying a HDTV (around AU$4000) for the family room and and AE100 (around AU$4000) for the Theater, hold on to the AE100 for another 3-4 years before I upgrade again to something with Native HD.
    The HDTV is this model RankArena.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tom,

I am picking up my AE100 for $3685 today, hopfully that figure will change to $3650 :D

Not sure if you have had a look at the Benq at all, but after I decided I wasn't going to buy it, I got the most amazing price . . . $3500AUD (I think $6000 is RRP, well that is the price ar JB's).

Best Regards
    Amelia

3. tomthx

tomthx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amelia,
    Where did you get that price for the AE100 from and how can I get one?(Is it the Aussie model or is it from Japan?)
    I have had a look at the Benq (the new wide screen model (480HT) but I have had eye problems with DLP. I would like to stick within my AU$9000 budget and still get a wide screen LCD.
    Thanks for the info,

4. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to manage that price or better. I spent more time trying to figure out which model I as going to buy as opposed to price hunting, but I can assure you the retailers in Aus have a lot of Fat on their pricing.

Some of the models I looked at included Hitachi 225, Both Sony's, Benq, etc. I actually had the oportunaty to see it side by side against the VPLVW11HT. Even though it is less than half its price I can assure you its not half the preformance.

In any case my pricing is from Clivepeeters and it appears they are only in Victoria. I must go now as I just got THE CALL . . . . ITS IN and I am going to pick it up :D

Let me know how you go.

Best Regards
    Amelia