1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDT from Mirage - Anyone got these?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr 928, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at purchasing some Mirage HDT speakers (High Definition Theater) High End Speakers, and was curious to know if anyone uses these in their setup.

I have been offered an ex-demo set at a very very attractive price, but would really like to hear what folks think of them before I take the plunge...

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    The set at the Frankfurt Show that I listened to seemed pretty bloody good all things considered. Where have you been stranger? ;)

3. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What does that mean, "all things considered"? I have currently got a demo set on loan and they are astounding. A really deep weighty sound. Awesome bits of kit. Retail is not so awesome, £1100 per speaker!!! And hey, you need three to match the front, plus some dedicated HDT-R rears at £1499 per pair - cheap they ain't. Awesome they are.....

Oh, and I've been really busy Tons of fun - thanks for asking mate :smashin:

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    Right- all things considered pertains to the price. The Frankfurt show was awash with fearsome designs and was something of an embarresment of riches. As such, the Avalon design was the finest super speaker I heard there but as I could not afford either, if there is a deal on the Mirage, go for it as virtually no high end design will be anything other than impressive.

5. Mr 928

Mr 928

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see. Thanks.

The deal is Sweeeeet for these, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take the plunge. Although I'll only be getting 3x HDT-F speakers, still gotta find some cash for the HDT-R rears and stands!! Got an excellent Mirage Bipolar 150w Subwoofer already, so at least that's less to buy! :eek:

They are not a cheap speaker, this is sure. But now I've heard them and played a little, they are worth every penny - but I'll take em cheaper if that's all the same :devil:

Anyone wanna buy some Mirage OM-10's?