HDR10+ Passthrough on Pioneer VSX-S520D

teeveedee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I reckon the answer is probably no but has anyone with a Pioneer VSX-S520D AVR successfully passed HDR10+ through it?
I’ve had mine for a few years & it works very well - it passes through HDR10, HLG & Dolby Vision without any issues at all, but HDR10+ it never does. I’ve tried various sources (Firestick 4K, Panasonic UB450 4K BluRay player, 3rd gen Apple TV 4K box) but none of them will pass an HDR10+ signal through to the HDR10+ compatible Panasonic TV.

Welcome! I
I have the same AVR, unfortunately it is bricked, I don't know if you can help me. Unfortunately, the factory remote control was lost, now I used it with an aftermarket remote control, but the firmware should be updated. Since it has the latest version, the device does not allow this. There is a way, if I press [MODE] + [HOMR/MENU] 3 seconds (by Remote Controller) at the same time on the factory remote control, then it allows the older firmware to be uploaded. Unfortunately, the aftermarket remote control does not know this. I would need the IR Code issued in this state, which can be read and broadcast again with the help of an arduino. I don't know if you repair such devices or if you have the opportunity to read this code, or if everyone uses it as intended. Unfortunately, there is no one in my circle of acquaintances who has such an amplifier and could help me with this. I searched a lot for the information on the net, but there is no suitable result.
Thanks to Jozsef B

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom