HDR10+ not working prime video gz2000

Noble372

Standard Member
When I play 10 plus content on prime video it just says displaying in hdr10 but when I play a 4K blu ray which is 10+ on my 820 the tv says it is displaying in 10+?? Thank you.

deon444

Distinguished Member
When I play 10 plus content on prime video it just says displaying in hdr10 but when I play a 4K blu ray which is 10+ on my 820 the tv says it is displaying in 10+?? Thank you.
Have you got HDR10+ enabled in the settings, or have you got it on dolby vision?

Noble372

Standard Member
Have you got HDR10+ enabled in the settings, or have you got it on dolby vision?
I am on about the internal app built in to the tv, but yes I have both enabled on the player, but the 820s prime video app does not support 10+ where as my TVs inbuilt app should

mikej

How do you know which type of HDR is playing ? AFAIK, there's no way of finding out when using the GZ's own Prime app.

mikej

There is a list on the internet, For example sneaky Pete season 3
Sure, but how do you know the Prime app isn't playing in HDR10+ ?

Noble372

Standard Member
Sure, but how do you know the Prime app isn't playing in HDR10+ ?
That is what I mean there is no indication or any way of telling, but when playing a 10+ disk on my 4k blu ray the tv shows displaying in HDR10+ with the 10+ logo

mikej

That is what I mean there is no indication or any way of telling

Ah, OK. I was confused because you said...

When I play 10 plus content on prime video it just says displaying in hdr10

Don't be confused about the 'HDR' header on the TV's picture menu - that's just generic and seems to be displayed no matter what HDR format is playing.

Yes - the lack of info from the Prime app is disappointing (the info button should display that information really) but I'm presuming it's playing back in whatever format it's available in, whether that's HDR10 or HDR10+. Looks great to me, either way !

dion 6

Yes the TV prime app doesn't give you any information it's probably playing in HDR10+ but doesn't indicate it that's why I prefer to use a 4k firestick connected to the hdmi input on the TV it flashes up a HDR10+ logo but it's got be connected to one of the hdmi ports in to a avr doesn't work

Noble372

Standard Member
Ah, OK. I was confused because you said...

Don't be confused about the 'HDR' header on the TV's picture menu - that's just generic and seems to be displayed no matter what HDR format is playing.

Yes - the lack of info from the Prime app is disappointing (the info button should display that information really) but I'm presuming it's playing back in whatever format it's available in, whether that's HDR10 or HDR10+. Looks great to me, either way !
Awesome thank for for the information! :)

Noble372

Standard Member
Yes the TV prime app doesn't give you any information it's probably playing in HDR10+ but doesn't indicate it that's why I prefer to use a 4k firestick connected to the hdmi input on the TV it flashes up a HDR10+ logo but it's got be connected to one of the hdmi ports in to a avr doesn't work
I prefer to use the tvs in built apps, But i appreciate you clearing this up for me, I shall just live with it, But pana should implement a 10+ logo for prime video really, But thank you! :)

lgans316

Distinguished Member
HDR10+ - Storm in a teacup :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom