HDR10 for Gaming U7QF XSX

Jaymo192

Novice Member
Looking for some help. I recently bought an Xbox Series X to use with my 65U7QF, its picking up HDR10 and Dolby Vision for videos fine but it's saying the TV doesn't support HDR10 or Dolby vision for gaming.

I'd always thought if a TV had HDR support it would work for both gaming and videos, is this not the case? I have enhanced hdmi mode enabled and I've just replaced my HDMI cables with 2.1 versions to make sure there was no issues with them. Is there anything else that I need to do to get it enabled?

Really appreciate any help, here is what the Xbox is showing:
20210711_174119.jpg

20210711_174114.jpg

andym81

I'm not familiar with your tv but with the samsung I have I needed to turn hdr on in the settings otherwise I got the same msg you get

Jaymo192

Novice Member
Ok for anyone else that may have this problem, I have it working now!
Like I said HDMI 2.0 format was on Enchanced (which should mean that HDR is enabled), but to get it to actually work I had to toggle it back to Standard format and then back to Enhanced.

I've noticed that there are a few weird bugs like that with this TV.

desinho

Ok for anyone else that may have this problem, I have it working now!
Like I said HDMI 2.0 format was on Enchanced (which should mean that HDR is enabled), but to get it to actually work I had to toggle it back to Standard format and then back to Enhanced.

I've noticed that there are a few weird bugs like that with this TV.
Does it support Dolby Vision gaming then?

Jaymo192

Novice Member
Does it support Dolby Vision gaming then?
Yeah it does its just the 120hz that it doesn't support.
20210713_104227.jpg

Annoyingly I have to toggle Standard to Enhanced HDMI 2.0 format each time I turn the TV on to get these features to work properly.

The TV is great for gaming it looks so good just a but fiddly sometimes.

The only major issue I've had is on Guitar hero (if anyone still plays that), the motion handling makes it so juddery it's pretty much unplayable. Everything else looks brilliant.

desinho

Yeah it does its just the 120hz that it doesn't support.
View attachment 1541195

Annoyingly I have to toggle Standard to Enhanced HDMI 2.0 format each time I turn the TV on to get these features to work properly.

The TV is great for gaming it looks so good just a but fiddly sometimes.

The only major issue I've had is on Guitar hero (if anyone still plays that), the motion handling makes it so juddery it's pretty much unplayable. Everything else looks brilliant.
Only thing is, if there is no Dolby Vision Game mode then you will likely have a much higher input lag ...

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom