• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDR10+ annoying and noticeable?

Hixxy1

Standard Member
Hi

Relatively new to the world of 4K, hdr etc. Recently purchased a 75” Sammy Q85 and use the apps direct on the tv for most viewing. I think it is only Amazon prime that shows HDR10+ - I may be wrong on this though? I also use Disney +, Apple +, Netflix and a Sky q 4k box.

What I’ve noticed when viewing hdr10+ content is a noticeable step in brightness changes between scenes. Not every scene, but it happens enough to annoy me when viewing a movie. Most recently I noticed this when watching Knives Out.

I guess my question is, does anyone else notice this? Or is there a chance I’ve got something wrong with the setup? I’ve done a bit of research (googling) and I can’t find anyone else talking about this...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom