Hdr signal message problem

WhyMan

Novice Member
Hi. I purchased a philips 43pus7556/12 and i set it up with my ps4 pro to play 4k hdr.
When i am in hdmi 1 source,for example,on Doom Eternal i'm getting the message : HDR Signal in the bottom right corner every other minute and a light grey blink or flash,not particularly with the message,but i think it s a problem with the hdr. I changed the hdmi cable with a monoprice certified one and i put the uhd hdmi signal on the tv to "optimal",also the software is up to date. The message and the grey flash are also existent on netflix,but the one on the ps4,not on the tv app. ! The message and the flash are not on the tv's netflix,only on the hdmi 1 source where i have the ps4 connected.I don t know where s the problem.Please help me.

HAM5ter84

Sounds like it maybe some form of handshake issue occuring between the TV and PS4. I have seen this occur with Dolby Atmos kept flashing up on some content I was watching. In the end I just turned on the notification for Atmos, whilst I finished watching the program. But, you can't do this will HDR signal input message.

Have you tried any of the other ports on the TV. Also, have you checked the setting on the PS4 are set correctly.

I don't have the specific TV or game console, so these are the only things I can think of.

Only other thing, are the TV and console in the same room. Not being passed over networked hdmi from an entertainment cupboard.

Have seen that done by some Youtubers. Who then use Ethernet to pass over the data and convert back to Hdmi or maybe a length thing if it is a long. Does it do it on all content or just certain games or apps ?

WhyMan

Novice Member
Sounds like it maybe some form of handshake issue occuring between the TV and PS4. I have seen this occur with Dolby Atmos kept flashing up on some content I was watching. In the end I just turned on the notification for Atmos, whilst I finished watching the program. But, you can't do this will HDR signal input message.

Have you tried any of the other ports on the TV. Also, have you checked the setting on the PS4 are set correctly.

I don't have the specific TV or game console, so these are the only things I can think of.

Only other thing, are the TV and console in the same room. Not being passed over networked hdmi from an entertainment cupboard.

Have seen that done by some Youtubers. Who then use Ethernet to pass over the data and convert back to Hdmi or maybe a length thing if it is a long. Does it do it on all content or just certain games or apps ?
I'll try,thank you!

WhyMan

Novice Member

It happens on doom eternal which supports hdr and netflix on the console,the netflix on the tv doesn t give me this message or flash.

iaperry

Novice Member
Same issue here on a 55" version. I've only had the flash once but the HDR Signal banner appears in the bottom right every few minutes.

Only happens with HDR not HDR10 or Dolby Vision. And occurs on all HDMI ports and through firestick and Panasonic UHD player.

I thought it was a handshake issue so bought a new cable. No difference and given issue occurs with the firestick it seems to be a software issue.

I've resorted to turning off HDR on the Panasonic. A Google search brings this issue up a lot on various Philips over a couple of years. But no solutions. Wish I could just turn off the banner.

Last edited:

WhyMan

Novice Member
Same issue here on a 55" version. I've only had the flash once but the HDR Signal banner appears in the bottom right every few minutes.

Only happens with HDR not HDR10 or Dolby Vision. And occurs on all HDMI ports and through firestick and Panasonic UHD player.

I thought it was a handshake issue so bought a new cable. No difference and given issue occurs with the firestick it seems to be a software issue.

I've resorted to turning off HDR on the Panasonic. A Google search brings this issue up a lot on various Philips over a couple of years. But no solutions. Wish I could just turn off the banner.
I'm sorry. I can't help since i have this exact issue. Hope to find a fix,or anyone who knows

WhyMan

Novice Member
I'm sorry. I can't help since i have this exact issue. Hope to find a fix,or anyone who

100% it's a software issue because i changed the cable and the ports and it persists.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom