HDR-1000S Teletext

moz414

Established Member
Reaction score
On my Foxsat HDR when we watched the music channels there were no subtitles. However, if you pressed the subtitles button the menu gave an option of teletext and if I chose this I could use 888 to enable the subtitles. Is there a way I can do this with the HDR-1000S?

Anyone help with this one? I just need to know if I can use teletext to get subtitles.

Anyone help with this one? I just need to know if I can use teletext to get subtitles.

The teletext channel was removed on 28th June 2012.

Thanks but I was only using teletext for subtitles on some music channels last week on my Foxsat HDR.

Thanks but I was only using teletext for subtitles on some music channels last week on my Foxsat HDR.

Which channels and how do you exactly access them. I have both boxes.

Which channels and how do you exactly access them. I have both boxes.

I can't remember all the ones off the top of my head but def Heart/Kerrang and some others. On my Foxsat HDR box when you pressed the subtitle button on a music channel you'd either get a message saying no data so no subbies at all or you'd get a message with English/Teletext. Scroll down and select teletext and then enter 888 (like the old days :) )and the subbies would be displayed. I only found this out recently after having the box for a couple of years. If it helps I had Raydon's CF installed. I can't check as I don't have it installed now.

I can't remember all the ones off the top of my head but def Heart/Kerrang and some others. On my Foxsat HDR box when you pressed the subtitle button on a music channel you'd either get a message saying no data so no subbies at all or you'd get a message with English/Teletext. Scroll down and select teletext and then enter 888 (like the old days :) )and the subbies would be displayed. I only found this out recently after having the box for a couple of years. If it helps I had Raydon's CF installed. I can't check as I don't have it installed now.

I have the CF installed, I will see what happens tomorrow and post the results. As I understand it Freesat dropped teletext subtitles a while ago replacing it with DVB-T.

It's a standard feature and nothing to do with the CF. On a HDR Heart shows no data but Kerrang offers the teletext option and works. BBC 1 also works even though it also provides the English sub title option.

It's a standard feature and nothing to do with the CF. On a HDR Heart shows no data but Kerrang offers the teletext option and works. BBC 1 also works even though it also provides the English sub title option.

It was quite a nice feature to find cos my Mrs is Hard of Hearing so she was well chuffed when she could see the lyrics as well, just a pity it wasn't on all of the music channels. I take it this is something that just works with the HDR and can't be done on the 1000S? It's not a deal breaker as I really like the 1000S compared to the HDR, for me it starts quicker and the picture is sharper although I doubt if I'll ever use all the on demand features.

I only have the original HDR, does your TV not have teletext?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom