HDR 1000S new glitch.

fixerman

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I have found a new glitch with the HDR 1000S. I have discovered that I can no longer pause, rewind or skip a live or a recorded programme. If I do a factory reset the functions return only to disappear again after the box is switched off and on again. I have upgraded the HDD to 2TB.

What is the supplier going to do about the faulty machine?

Suggestion - If you press select record from the EPG on a programme you have watched from the start do you get a complete recording or just from when you issued the command. If the later I suspect a problem with the recording buffer on disk. A reformat would fix it I think.

Suggestion - If you press select record from the EPG on a programme you have watched from the start do you get a complete recording or just from when you issued the command. If the later I suspect a problem with the recording buffer on disk. A reformat would fix it I think.

Thanks! I will try that and report back!:)

My 1000s will not rewind programmes very well that are still recording. What I get is a long pause then a very short rewind followed by another equally long pause then another very short rewind. The same sequence goes on and on. Once the programme has finished recording then fast forward and rewind work fine. I think the issue has always been present.

My 1000s will not rewind programmes very well that are still recording. What I get is a long pause then a very short rewind followed by another equally long pause then another very short rewind. The same sequence goes on and on. Once the programme has finished recording then fast forward and rewind work fine. I think the issue has always been present.

Is that when playing back the recording as it's recording or going back in the timeshift buffer ?

Is that when playing back the recording as it's recording or going back in the timeshift buffer ?

Can't recall trying it via the buffer Graham but it's definitely an issue on a part recorded prog. Have you experienced this issue or is it peculiar to my unit?

Can't recall trying it via the buffer Graham but it's definitely an issue on a part recorded prog. Have you experienced this issue or is it peculiar to my unit?

Not noticed any problem. I will start a recording leave it for a while and try it out.

EDIT

No problem on mine. Recording CH4-HD. Forward/Reverse Skip Keys and left right movement keys (either side of OK) work as expected within the current recorded content.

Last edited:
Not noticed any problem. I will start a recording leave it for a while and try it out.

EDIT

No problem on mine. Recording CH4-HD. Forward/Reverse Skip Keys and left right movement keys (either side of OK) work as expected within the current recorded content.

Hmm! that's annoying then as unlikely be be software related. It appears to freeze completely then there's a jerk backwards of about a minute then a freeze and that's how it goes. Funnily enough, the previous 1000s I had (the one that went tits up) had exactly the same issue. I will double check if it's the buffer or when chasing playback i.e. selecting prog from recording planner rather than pressing rewind from live programme.

Hmm! that's annoying then as unlikely be be software related. It appears to freeze completely then there's a jerk backwards of about a minute then a freeze and that's how it goes. Funnily enough, the previous 1000s I had (the one that went tits up) had exactly the same issue. I will double check if it's the buffer or when chasing playback i.e. selecting prog from recording planner rather than pressing rewind from live programme.

Curious-er and curious-er - I have just tried recording a programme, playing it back whilst still recording and used live buffer. Both options have worked perfectly. I simply can't understand this. I'm wondering if the issue arises when it's a dual recording? I just give up, though if it's started to work OK then I won't complain.

Curious-er and curious-er - I have just tried recording a programme, playing it back whilst still recording and used live buffer. Both options have worked perfectly. I simply can't understand this. I'm wondering if the issue arises when it's a dual recording? I just give up, though if it's started to work OK then I won't complain.

Just tried recording BBC1-HD and CH4-HD at same time. No problem in replay of either.

Just tried recording BBC1-HD and CH4-HD at same time. No problem in replay of either.

Mine started playing up when I was watching that new Scandi police drama on BBC 4 last night. Tried it twice tonight and it seems fine. It appears to be an intermittent bug?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom