Hdmi

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DMT, Aug 4, 2004.

1. DMT

DMT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi all,

I need an HDMI cable to run between Pioneer 868 DVD and Epson 500 projector (approx 10M). My choices seem to be Chord 10 Metre or Supra 12 Metre at a similar price. Any input, recommendations or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,333
    DMT

The long Supra HDMI cables are due into UK dealers this week so no time to test as yet.

Chord I've not tried - though I do have a short one here to test this weekend.

I'll also have NEW 10m HDMI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI-D BetterCables Display Magic cables here on Friday - so far BetterCables have not let us down so I'm looking forward to testing these at the weekend.

So far we've supplied a fair few sets of Molex 5m HDMI plus Gefen adapters (cable joints) with no major problems so far - we've managed 15m on some systems and 10m on others.

We supply the BetterCables cables on a sale or return basis so your able to ensure they do the business in your set up.

Best regards

Joe

3. DMT

DMT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Joe,

Thanks for the reply, it seems i do have a few options, although i would rather avoid joining cables. My current preference is Supra because i have their component cable which seems to do the job, however, I am happy to buy as per you recommendation so if you could contact me after the weekend with your findings i shall whip out the credit card.

Thanks alot :thumbsup:

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,333
    DMT

BetterCables won the race to deliver first - a pile of 10m HDMI and HDMI>DVI cables arrived this afternoon.

See http://www.bettercables.com/10me3febecad.html

And hopefully the Supra cables shipped today and I'll have them tomorrow.

Back to you on Monday.

Joe