HDMI video / audio splitter

Nickffc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

just about to purchase my first PJ but i have a small problem....

i need to split the audio from the video from my source (PS3) before it gets to the PJ....

i know the ideal situtation is to put the HDMI through a AV amp with HDMI in's and out's but i dont have one of those yet.... so in the mean time i need to find some way of doing this

i've had a search around the tinternet but all i seem to come up with is HDMI splitters that just do audio and video together... like one in and two out....

any ideas?

Nick

any suggestions...?

Hi

unfortunately no digital audio in.... just phono's

Nick

It is possible to Install a 1x2 HDMI Splitter that also separates out the 2 channel Stereo audio from the HDMI signal - Media Factory - Octava HDDA12A-UK, HDMI1x2 Distribution Amp + audio converter

If you don’t require to drive two Display devices (Display + New Projector) you don’t require any electronics if all you require is Video to the New Projector + stereo audio to your Hi-Fi Amp – simply install the HDMI cable plus the standard PS3 ‘AV’ cable.

Set the PS3 to the required Video resolution (via HDMI) + enable ‘Dual’ Audio out and set AV Audio Out to On – connect the Red/White RCA of the AV cable to any Input on your Hi-Fi Amp (apart from Phono).

Joe

Thanks Joe

very good idea..... then i looked at the price...wow....!!!

i was hoping too do this on a very tight budget but i suppose quality comes at a cost.

i may as well dip a toe into a better AV amp like this...only £20 more...

Onkyo TXSR309 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

cheers :smashin:

Nick

The AVR may be a good option - depends on the quality of your current Hi-Fi 'Stereo' Amp.

Whilst AVR's have all the technological bells and whistles for use in a Surround Sound system they are often lacking in the sound dept when compared to a decent Hi-Fi amp for two channel use!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom