HDMI version on Plasma

HaiderGill

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

From 'AMD RADEON™ HD 7900 AMD RADEON™ H D 7800 AMD RADEON™ H D 7 700 SERIES GRAPHICS DISPLAY TECHNOLOGIES' white paper on pg.14 : -
'HDMI® Stereo 3D Packed Frame
The HDMI® 1.4a specification provides a method to support Stereo 3D display
devices. This specification provides a mechanism for the source device, in
this case the GPU, to convey frame polarity information, while maintaining full
resolution. The majority of stereo 3D TVs released in the market since 2009 support
the HDMI® 1.4a specification. Today, monitors support stereo 3D through HDMI®.'

'The first mode listed above (1920x1080 @ 60Hz/Eye) is very critical to gamers who want to play games
in stereo 3D. With the 3GHz HDMI® speed supported by the Radeon™ HD 7700-7900 Series GPUs,
higher frame rates (up to 60Hz/Eye) at Full HD resolution can now be transmitted to the display device
resulting in smooth and responsive game-play. Another feature enabled by 3GHz HDMI® speed is
support for 4kx2k resolutions, which will be discussed later.'

So it says Radeon HD 7950 can put out 1920x1080 60Hz per eye 3D picture. It also says the HDMI is v1.4a spec with 3GHz speed.

My question is: -
I always thought you need HDMI v1.4b for 1920x1080 @ 60Hz/Eye 3D?

Can the Panasonic TX-P50VT30 accept a 1920x1080 @ 60Hz/Eye 3D HDMI signal? I was going to get a manufacturer refurbed one from fleabay. It comes with 1 years manufacturer warranty and I am topping it with an aftermarket warranty to 5 years. It will be for big screen gaming only 2D and 3D. I already have Panasonic TX-P50VT20 with 4 of the second generation IR Panasonic glasses.

If not could someone suggest a plasma that can? I am not a neophyte but the manufacturers don't list the version of the HDMI on their specs and neither do the reviews!

I am getting a game that supports 3D on the PC out of-the-box but ideally you want 1920x1080 @ 60Hz/Eye and graphics card and a 3DTV/monitor that supports it. My graphics cards seem good to go.

Help clearing all of this confusion up would be most appreciated...

Thanks
Haider

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom