HDMI Upscaling?

jelockwood

Novice Member
I can see that AV amplifiers like the Denon AVC-A1XVA and AVC-A11XVA can upscale analogue video feeds connected for example via component connections to 1080p, but I get the impression systems like these cannot upscale HDMI feeds.

For example, if you were to connect a SkyHD box to a Denon AVC-A1XVA via HDMI it would not be able to upscale from 1080i to 1080p but if you connected it instead via component it would be able to.

Could anyone confirm this? If this is the case, are there any equivalent products which can also upscale HDMI feeds?

Does this mean (in this case) that using coponent is better than HDMI? Will Sky be able to at some point disable the component connection? (I know they said they would at some point stop shipping units with this connection but I don't think they mentioned whether existing units would ultimately have it disabled.)

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
Does this mean (in this case) that using coponent is better than HDMI? Will Sky be able to at some point disable the component connection? (I know they said they would at some point stop shipping units with this connection but I don't think they mentioned whether existing units would ultimately have it disabled.)
If this is your primary concern (sky disabling component outputs on existing boxes), I've not heard/read anything to suggest that sky would take such action. Although it'd be a good idea to do a search or ask someone over on the Sky+ section since there are some very knowledgable and helpful people there. Sorry not sure about the hdmi > hdmi upconversion.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom