HDMI Upscaling/ USB/ optical-in/ Tallboy speakers £350 budget. Possible?!?

Welsh Whirlwind

Hi everyone going out of my small little mind here, trying to find those inputs for that price!
I was going to go for the DCS-360 which ticks everybox except the all important optical-in, so if anyone out there fancies helping me with this challenge it would be duly appreciated!!!

Welsh Whirlwind

Am I asking for too much?? I just seem to get sooooo close and then, right at the last hurdle I fall! Just looked at the LG LHT760IA absolutely everything but the optical in..
Guys your normally amazing at this stuff, there must be someone out there who can help:lease:

hulleyrob

Standard Member
If you dont need 4 tall boys but 2 will do the Sony SC-HT855 has what you need.

Im also having problems finding the perfect system for my needs but this one is pretty close.

Rob

Welsh Whirlwind

Cheers for the suggestion Rob, I have already looked at this option but would really want the extra tallboys for asthetic reasons - maybe I'm just being too greedy for the budget judging by the little response (ie just you!), it would seem this is the case....
If I upped the budget by another £50 to make it £400 could anyone help?????

Or is there an av package with a digital home theatre reciever + tallboys for around £250? Then I could buy an upscaling player with 'digital optical out' to plug into the reciever 'optical in' seperately?? Has anyone out there got a setup along these lines that they could reccomend??

Thanks again though Rob for taking the time to reply.

Mark

hulleyrob

Standard Member
I know what you mean mate, the 990 not having the DSP chip or the same inputs is just crazy.

Im kinda stuck what to get now and think i will just wait until january and see if theres anything in a sale.

Good luck and all the best for xmas.

Rob

Welsh Whirlwind

I feel your pain Rob, feels like I'm bangin' my head against a brick wall here, and my eyes are beginning to bleed with all the fruitless spec surfing I've been doing. I did manage to find one model, but, its pretty much over my budget limit: LG LHRH760ia at £459 - pixmania (plus theres a code to get a further £12 off *whoopee*) seems to tick all the boxes and more - I'm not bothered by the hdd and dvd recorder etc.. Still its a finely speced machine for the price - like yourself I might wait till after Christmas and see what happens.
Good luck and let me know if you find anything!!!

Unique Geeza

Novice Member
my mistake... i thought you was after the better model... :lesson: which is what im after ... ( when ever it comes to my town.. :confused:

Welsh Whirlwind

Hi

I've just ordered the LG LHT760IA from http://www.prcdirect.co.uk for 299.99 inc. delivery, apparantly they have it in stock. Alternatively I just found it at http://www.electricshop.com/invt/4067lge119303a at 269.99 inc. delivery. I found the cheaper price after I ordered mine.

Watch out for prcdirect as they want to call you within 48hrs before they despatch the item.

Happy Shopping.

Cheers Hysteron, but the model your looking at is not the same, the LHT760IA has everything but the optical in, the LHRH760IA has an optical in but is, unfortunately alot more expensive.. Thanks for the suggestion though its always appreciated.

Mark

Welsh Whirlwind

my mistake... i thought you was after the better model... :lesson: which is what im after ... ( when ever it comes to my town.. :confused:

Yeah it seems there's alot of confusion between these 2 models. Even if you do a 'price runner' search for the LHRH760IA it comes back with the LHT760IA - Initially I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw the return prices of 270 - 299 and odd quid but slowly realised that all except one were actually the LHT760IA. Only pixmania came back with the correct result quoting 459quid plus 16 p+p. Ah well, back to the drawing board as they say......

V

Voltaire3328

Love the look of the LG LHT760IA - however am in the same boat as the rest of the posters. I intend to get the PS3 and want surround sound, but with LG LHT760IA not having the optical input is it possible? Cheers
:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom