HDMI transmitter AVR to Projector

Wswan85

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a HDMI transmitter? If so which type and how exactly did it work? Are they a waste of money? Seems like a good way to set a projector up in an already decorated area.

I see there are various types online, some quite expensive. They claim they can transmit upto 1080p HD and even 3D signals over various distances in-room.

I have the usual situation - a projector on the rear wall behind the seating position with a screen on the front wall in front of the TV when in use. Only talking a distance of circa 3m but to run a HDMI cable round the room is tricky and would have to be very long. So at the moment when I want to use the projector I have to run a cable across the middle of the room - not ideal with kids! And has to be plugged in every time.

I only have a 1080p projector for now, use it with SkyQ & blu ray player mostly, all running from a Denon AVR X2300w with dual outputs. When I eventually redecorate I'll run the cables properly and upgrade to a 4k projector but that'll be a while away unfortunately .

Thanks for any help.

Will

Assuming you are meaning a WirelessHD Transmitter/Receiver system they are very hit or miss - for the most part Manufacturers have given up trying to make it work, especially with 4K UHD/HDCP2.2.

The only semi-consistent unit we have used is the 1080p/HDCP1.4 capable DVDO air3 - and as with any of these systems ensure you have a good returns policy if you were to order a system.

Running 1080p/HDCP1.4 or 2160p/HDCP2.2 over long distances (up to 100m) is similar in price to a WirelessHD system if you look at one of our RuiPro Hybrid Fibre HDMI cables.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom