Question HDMI to two rooms

Smeeble

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I've got all my AV gear setup in one room, but need a 1080p signal (at max) to be sent into another room.
I can't get under the floor etc to run cat 6 cables, so the obvious option is void unless there's any brilliant ideas to run it.

I do have twin basic sky coax running from one room to the other, so had thought about HDMI over coax. Can't use them to pull other cables thorough as they are plastered into part of the wall.
I've also thought of HDMI over mains, and also wireless.

Anyone used anything other than cat cables, and have any recommendations?

If I use both coax I'd need it to have return IR, but if only one or another option I can do without.

Thanks.

I had the same issue myself.
I tried every wireless solution out there.
They are unstable at best and expensive.
Long story short, none of them are good enough.
Note: HDMI.org have never ratified a wireless solution because none of them are good enough.

The best solutions are HDbaseT which is single category cable, or HDMI over fibre, which is relatively new and expensive.
HDbaseT is currently no good for UHD but will work with 1080p.
HDMI over fibre works for everything.

In the end , I went the Hard way that I wasted time trying to avoid and got the heavy duty drill bits I needed to get through the walls for the cable run.

Wires every time!

I need to 'introduce' Andy to someone on a Tech Forum who is not happy with my advice (don't do it) on his planned 1x6 Wireless HD Distribution system :)

Our HDBT Extender does work with SKY Q - though you are currently 'limited' to 8-Bit.

Joe

Cheers for the response.
I'll ignore the wireless option then.
I can't run any new cables, so it has to be through existing ones.
Anyone used hdmi over coax or through mains supply then?

HDMI over Coax is an option - power line is not an option.

Joe
Why do you rule out power line, always had issues or something else?

Oh and I'm only running this to a 1080p screen from 2/3 years ago, so definitely don't need 4k or HDR etc to get through.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom