HDMI to Optical Conversion

rob171171

Standard Member
Hi
I'm looking to see what are the best products that will enable 2 HDMI inputs with an optical output, required to my Playbar.

Thanks
Rob

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Our Octava HD41-ARC is proving very popular with PLAYBAR owners and installers.

Media Factory - Octava HD41-ARC-UK, HDMI + Optical + ARC switch

The HD41-ARC will Output HDMI, Optical or ARC audio via its Optical port and a new EDID Firmware option will ensure your BD player outputs’ 2.0 rather than 5.1 when your disc is DTS rather than DD.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Rob

We are definitely not the lowest cost option – there are one or two HDMI + Optical units on the market, though none of them (that I have seen) match our feature set so it depends on how much or little of what we offer you require.

Joe

rob171171

Standard Member
Really what I am looking for is the ability to combine 3 (after thinking about it) HDMI inputs TV, BluRay & PVR to one optical output that will carry the DD5.1 through to the Playbar. I'm not sure of all your feature set as I haven't gone through it yet but am wondering do I really need it?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Rob

The HD41-ARC has HDMI + Optical + ARC ‘Inputs’ - you can choose between HDMI audio, Optical audio or ARC as the source to be Output via its Optical Port.

Where you have multiple HDMI + Optical connections from some or all of your Sources you can choose to keep HDMI + Optical ‘in-sync’ – or switch them independently (view one/listen to another).

ARC allows any ARC enabled TV to send the TV audio back to the Switch via the HDMI cable and that audio to be output on the Optical port of the Switch to the PLAYBAR.

The USB port on the switch allows for custom EDID modes and Firmware updates.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom