• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI to DVI

robfosters

Established Member
I need one of these to connect my ps3 to my sammy monitor. There are so many companies and ebay ones flying about. I dont want to burn my fingers on a rubbish one. Can anyone give us a good brand or website to buy from?

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
Need to check your monitor first, if it doesn't support HDCP then the PS3 will not usually display anything on the monitor.

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
It is a known issue with the PS3, it seems to require HDCP compliance from anything attached to the HDMI output.

Fortunately the OP's monitor does seem to list HDCP so it shouldn't be an issue.

For the OP :

Read the links here and check the vendor links as well. I would suggest a standard HDMI cable with a DVI adapter may give you something with longer life than a HDMI-DVI cable as you can still use the HDMI cable in the future long after you no longer need a specific DVI cable.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom