HDMI to DVI Adaptor - One way?

D

Dazzlercee

My brother used to have an ATI x1600 HDMI video card in his HTPC that came with an HDMI to DVI adaptor. He never used the adaptor since his projector is HDMI so he just used a HDMI cable.

He has recently changed his video card to a Nvidia 7900GS which has DVI output. Obvioulsy he now needs to convert his DVI from the PC to HDMI for the projector input.

The adaptor was intended by ATI to be plugged into a DVI socket on the back of a TV to provide a HDMI socket. However, my brother needs to convert a DVI output from his PC to a HDMI output for his projector cable to plug in to. When he plugs the adaptor into his PC the PC recognises the projector but he gets no picture, just a blue screen.

This begs the question, is the adaptor one way only (i.e. it can take an incoming signal for a TV etc, but does not pass an outgoing signal)?

H

hey69

maybe your videocard does not support hdcp ? thats needed i believe to send out video signal to a hdmi equiped tv (i may be wrong about this)

D

Dazzlercee

We have sorted it now. The adaptor was in fact only meant for one purpose, that of providing an HDMI socket where only DVI is present. A new adaptor has resolved the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom