Question HDMI to DisplayPort

G2ThaReeves

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've got a 50' HDMI that runs to a custom wall-plate that has a DisplayPort pass-through. I had to adapt the HDMI to DisplayPort with an HDMI coupler, and a 6' HDMI to DisplayPort cable. It then connects to the DisplayPort pass-through, and a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable then connects to the wall-plate side to the clients PC. I ran into issues (obviously) when trying to get the clients PC displaying on the TV. When I remove the DisplayPort keystone/pass-through it works fine. We havn't been able to find a 50' HDMI to DisplayPort cable. I was hoping maybe someone here would have a solution for me. I know it's a mess...

Thanks,

Gregory Reeves, CTS

I've removed the DisplayPort pass-through to have it working for the time being. I need to be able to use the pass-through to complete the installation. Any help would be amazing. Thanks again.
20141229_154359[1].jpg

Do you have to use a Keystone adapter?

Can you not use a Female to Female (preferably powered) insert in the wall plate?

Joe

I've got a 50' HDMI

Not the best start... every join accounts for a certain length of cable in terms of attenuation, so you need to minimise the overall length, and the number of joins, where 15m is the longest you'd usually try without an extender of some sort.

We ordered the plate from liberty, and that's the only Keystone they offer. Is there a powered female to female DisplayPort passthrough that would fit that hole?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom