HDMI to ariel connection?? Wierd question!!!

TSwede

Standard Member
Dear all - I'm starting off with my first forum question - and it's an odd one - I can't find the answer to this on the internet.. hope you all can help..

I have fitted a HD TV to the wall and the cables are channelled into the wall and plastered over.. thing is I didn't put in an ariel cable :)rolleyes:) - I didn't think I would need one as I planned to run the ariel into a DVD/HD recorder then HDMI into the tv (the HDMI cables are in the wall)..
But as yet - 6 months on - I still don't have a freeview recorder and I am sick of looking at the ariel cable draped across my wall

Is there any way of converting an ariel cable to either an HDMI cable or SCART then back again at the other end so that I can use the HDMI or SCART cables buried in my wall to get the ariel signal to my telly????

Thanks

TSWEDE

Phlog

Only via something like you were considering originally ....

Would it really hurt to have just one visible cable going to the TV? After all, everybody knows they have to be there!

You can always promise yourself that one day you'll do it properly.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Why don't you just pull a flylead (aerial cable) though? Use one of the other cables to pull it through and while you're at it, add some cat5e/cat6 network cables for future use.

TSwede

Standard Member
Good point.. however there is another longer term benefit.. when I do get a freeview recorder I won't be able to watch tv when recording.. there are double tuner ones but the other tuner is often analogue and that's being switched off - if I do manage to utilise another cable as an ariel cable I will still be able to watch the DTV on the TV when the recorder is recording..

TSwede

Standard Member
Why don't you just pull a flylead (aerial cable) though? Use one of the other cables to pull it through and while you're at it, add some cat5e/cat6 network cables for future use.

I did think about pulling one through but there is a tight corner that they all go round and they are pretty crammed in
PC Cable
PC Audio
2 X HDMI
2 X SCART
Centre speaker audio cable

I don't think I will use 2 Scarts - poss won't use both HDMI (though might if I end up with a PS3)

Wonder if I could do anything with a scart cable???

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Well if you are looking at digital signals how about a basic freeview digital set top box?

While it would undoubtedly be nice to use the integrated DTV tuner in your set I don't think there is anything that does what you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom