Hdmi to 4 tv

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sparky011, Jan 8, 2012.

1. sparky011

sparky011
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice' i have 4 tv at various points in the house that i have 2x cat 5 at each tv running back to the cupboard under the stair where i have the sky+, sky hd, blueray and dvd player, also wwhere i am going to house the sonus gear oncce i get it.

Whats a good type of system to install for hd to any tv with multiple control of the devices

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,296
    Are all of the TV's HDMI enabled and HD Ready (at a minimum)?

SKY+ will be a problem with any 'HDMI' solution - though you could purchase a second SKY+ HD box and use it with your SKY+ subscription/card; that will give you a second HDMI enabled SKY source.

As sebdb66 says an HDMI over Twisted Pair (CAT5 or CAT6) solution will allow you to view any Source on any Display plus with some designs you can control the Matrix plus Source kit from each Zone using the in-built IR management.

Some designs will require that the In-room Receiver units that live behind your TV are powered locally - others will power the Receivers from the Matrix over the CAT5 cables!

Media Factory - Octava HDMX44CAT-UK, HD44CATMX-UK 4x4 HDMI CAT6 Matrix switch

Joe