• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hdmi Switching On Yamaha 4600

flunge

Hi,can anyone advise I have a yamaha 4600 amp and whenever i try to output my panasonic hdd dvd player via hdmi the amp says HDCP error the yamaha instruction book says if this error message shows the connected equip is not hdcp compatable? This is not the case as the panasonic plays via hdmi perfectly when connected directly to the tv. I have asked yamaha customer service who were not much help simply repeating what the instruction book said.Does anybody out there have any ideas?

Sparc

Hmm...I wonder if you have some kind of handshaking incompatibility going on there. I don't suppose you have any other HD output device you can connect to your amp to test (like a PS3 or something)?

Is the HD-DVD supporting HDMI 1.3 and the receiver not? Would that make a difference?

Sorry, just floating ideas here

flunge

Hello sparc.Ive tried it with the panasonic hdd dvd player,& a samsung blu ray & toshiba hd e1 and all work fine when connected directly to tv but the yamaha amp just HDCP error

Sparc

I'm almost certain it's a handshaking issue between the receiver and the TV. I've heard recently of such problems, but typically between the PS3 and certain TV's. One of the suggested solutions I've read about elsewhere was to power on the TV last and reselect the HDMI interface in the menu. This appears to reinitiate the handshake and resolve the issue in some cases. Failing that I would suspect a firmware update is required for the receiver and it's perhaps worth contacting Yamaha.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom