1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI switchers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Howard Pitfield, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Howard Pitfield

Howard Pitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Why are they so bloomin' expensive. To cater for my equipment I'll need:

1 for Sky HD
    1 for DVD upscaling DVD player (Sammy HD850)
    1 x FTA HD sat box (Philips DSR 9005)
    1 x PS3 or possibly Xbox

So a 4 way switcher is needed already - phew! They seem to be about £250 up - lots of dosh for a switchbox eh? :eek:

H

2. junpit

junpit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

You won't want one for the xbox as the plans for xbox360 and currently the xbox uses component video (analog). ie. there are no plans to provide a HDMI output from the xbox.

As for your other items, I understand its a pain in the butt. I went into my local maplins at the weekend and was amazed at how much a HDMI cable is. They want £90 for a 1m cable. What a rip-off. I bought a 5m cable off ebay instead for £8.

-Junpit

3. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Try this one from Meridian http://www.badaweb.co.uk/uniletsoundandvision/news14.html . It's a brand new product for £425. I use one for my HD Player, Denon DVD, PC (via DVI adapter) and soon SkyHD.

It might be pricey, but it actually improves the signal by re-clocking the signal and removing digital jitter, and the picture really is better. (More info on the link)