• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Switch


Active Member
I'm looking to be able to use my current keyboard/mouse, and my monitor with a Mac mini and a windows pc.

I need to be able to plug my speakers into it to. If this makes it more difficult or expensive then is there a switch for the speaker to?

Want to spend as little as possible but want one that has the cables at the rear of it but not coming out of all sides like some do.

Any thoughts


Distinguished Member
They're generally known as KVM switches (Keyboard, Video and Mouse), analogue stereo connections for speakers and microphones are common a well, but if you're using something more exotic then a separate switch is probably a better idea.


Active Member
No nothing exotic, just my mini server and Mac mini, both with HDMI outputs as that's what my monitor is, then my standard keyboard and mouse.

Unfortunately the ones I've found that are HDMI are very expensive and others don't always have the speaker port on it or keyboard/mouse as I guess they are for tvs

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom