• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Switch question - Need to add a HDMI port to my Samsung TV, Is this the best option?

ZStates

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm looking for some assistance with the current setup of my TV, and accessories. I have a Samsung
(Model : UN55ES7500FXZA), which has 3 HDMI ports. Currently I have the cable box, the BluRay and the Soundbar (connected to the HDMI ARC port) connected to the TV. I'd like to add my gaming console, but I'm out of HDMI ports. I've been looking at the forum posts and I see some mentions of a HDMI Switch - I'm curious if that would be my best option. I figured the BluRay player and the gaming console could share a HDMI Port via the switch. I appreciate the help.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Soundbar - is there not a 'spare' Input on your Soundbar?

HDMI Switch - yes you can use one to add Inputs/Sources to your TV.

Joe

ZStates

Novice Member
Hi Joe - Thank you for the reply. The Soundbar (Samsung HW-J550) Has one HDMI input and one HDMI output. That's it.

Would you have any recommendations on a brand of HDMI Switches?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Have a look at Octavainc.com

Joe

PS Over your way in a couple of weeks working with the Octava team.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom