HDMI Switch - is it v1.3?

awoodier

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Just taken delivery of this switch:

Plexus 3 Port HDMI Video Switch With Remote Control - Ebuyer

The specification says it v1.3 but on the box and in the literature the maximum data rate is 1.65Gbps. According to Wikipedia:

High-Definition Multimedia Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The maximum data rate of v1.0 is 3.96GBit/s (1080p60Hz).

I wanted to make sure this unit was V1.3 to elimate the need to buy another switch later down the line when i want to send DTS-HD Master and Dolby True HD audio to a suitable amp. But this switch will be in the way and prevent this signal from going through.

Am i right guys or have i got mixed up somewhere?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Definitely sounds as if its either old stock or the web site is inaccurate - send it back for an exchange or go for a different model/supplier.

Joe

awoodier

Standard Member
It lets through 1080p but it's far from future proof.

Having tested it thoroughly i can conclude though that there's no discernable difference in picture quality (Viera 32" LCD, £10 HDMI cables).

The biggest problem though is that whilst watching a source that is not via one of the HDMI connections on the TV (the Digital tuner in the TV for example) the connection switches over to the HDMI channel the unit is connected to when it's not in use.

It's like its pinging the TV and sending signal at regular intervals resulting in the TV thinking there's a signal there and switch over to HDMI.

A rather annoying thing to be honest (although if you are watching a HDMI source this does not happen and you can always switch the unit off when not in use).

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If the TV has 'Viera link' or CEC/HDMI control as an option in the User settings for the HDMI Input switch it off.

Joe

awoodier

Standard Member
I'll give this a try actually, thanks!

On a product related note for information this switch also wont carry audio - a big disapointment!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom