HDMI switch in reverse

TrophyJem

Novice Member
I have a PS3 in one room and wish to be able to use it in the room below on occasions without unplugging it. The remote control on the PS3 is great as its bluetooth so works in another room fine.

I didn't want to use a splitter for cost reasons (don't want to be spending anything close to the price of a Blu Ray player) and the fact that one output would be feeding into the back of an amp and may cause all sorts of compatibility issues.

So I purchased a cheapo push button HDMI switch from Argos and connected it in reverse so that the output of the PS3 could be switched to two destinations. This worked, but one of the outputs seems to suffer with some form of interference (sparkles).

I'm assuming that the cheapo Argos switch is not very well screened so is subject to interference, so I'm looking for a better manual switch that will do my job.

Any suggestions?

MarkTaylor

Novice Member
To do this properly you need a splitter not a switch.

A cheap switch may work in reverse where a more expensive one that has been properly designed to act as a switch will not.

Last edited:

T800

Novice Member
I have a PS3 in one room and wish to be able to use it in the room below on occasions without unplugging it. The remote control on the PS3 is great as its bluetooth so works in another room fine.

I didn't want to use a splitter for cost reasons (don't want to be spending anything close to the price of a Blu Ray player) and the fact that one output would be feeding into the back of an amp and may cause all sorts of compatibility issues.

So I purchased a cheapo push button HDMI switch from Argos and connected it in reverse so that the output of the PS3 could be switched to two destinations. This worked, but one of the outputs seems to suffer with some form of interference (sparkles).

I'm assuming that the cheapo Argos switch is not very well screened so is subject to interference, so I'm looking for a better manual switch that will do my job.

Any suggestions?

I'm using 4 of these in my set up without any problems:
HD TV in 2 Rooms sky cable switch/hub █►HDMI SPLITTER◄█ on eBay, also, Video Switches, DVD Home Cinema, Consumer Electronics (end time 20-Jun-09 14:12:03 BST)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom