Question HDMI Switch for XBox One S

psychofox

Hello all,

I want to get an Xbox One S, my TV (Samsung 4K) currently has a hdmi switch connected to it due to only having 3 HDMI ports - all in use.
Can I still use this switch with the Xbox One S, or will I need to get a 4K switch/HDMI 2.0 switch?

If so, can anyone recommend me a decently price one?
Ive looked on Amazon and the prices go from cheap (not sure on quality) to very expensive (not wanting to break the bank).

Much appreciated for any advice given that can steer me into the right path.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Any Switch you install will need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant plus cater for the range of signal formats your Source Outputs/Display supports.

Assuming your 'other' Sources are all 1080p you could connect the XB1S direct to your 4K_UHD Display and connect your HDMI Switch to the HDMI Input on the XB1S - I haven't ever used this configuration so can't say how practical (or not) it is, maybe others can add their experience here.

Joe

Last edited:

psychofox

Any Switch you install will need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant plus cater for the range of signal formats your Source Outputs/Display supports.

Assuming your 'other' Sources are all 1080p you could connect the XB1S direct to your 4K_UHD Display and connect your HDMI Switch to the HDMI Input on the XB1S - I haven't ever used this configuration so can't say how practical (or not) it is, maybe others can add their experience here.

Joe
Ah, so use the XB1S as a hub? Never thought of that.
Thank you.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I have not tried it but you should be able to cascade 1080p Sources > 1080p Switch > XB1S > 4K_UHD Display - one to try out once you have the XB1S.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom