Hdmi standard

anobium

Established Member
Reaction score
Right this is the first time I have run into this problem, I recently purchased 2 hdmi cables from amazon that stated they were both 4k high speed with built in ethernet whatever that means, anyway as soon as i plugged it into ps4 pro had a no signal from tv, no problem Rebooted safe mode and changed display settings and finally got into the dashboard. I changed display settings to auto and again no display the only way around was to set display to 2160 yuv 420, anytime I set it to auto or rgb it would loose signal and I would have to reboot into safe mode, I tried the original cable that came with ps4 pro and it just worked, auto, rgb no problem(I changed cables as the one going into my pc had broken), anyway Have just tried the amazon cable on my pc and again no display I get the bios screen but just after it loads the gpu drivers no display. Now I thought all hdmi cables, the recent ones anyway would be pretty much the same standard, but that obviously doesn't apply, these cant accept a 4k signal at least not properly, so there is a difference between the cable I got with my ps4 pro (currently connected to pc working perfectly), and the cheap tat from amazon, would love to know why this is a thing as I am going to return them to amazon as not fit for purpose.

How long are the old and new cables? If your new cables are six or seven meters long then the signal may be degrading sufficiently that it can't handle the bandwidth.

The new cables are 1.8 meters, th cable that came with ps4 pro is same length, just surprised this is a thing, as I said can't get signal on pc, and only limited signal on ps4 pro i.e 2160 yuv 420.

Amazon product ASIN B014I8SX4Y

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom