• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HDMI Splitters for 3D Blu-ray

HenryHonda

Just about to move up to my first 3D plasma TV (new Panasonic 2013 range), but can't afford a new receiver and will get cheap(ish) 3D player to supplement my expensive BDP-83 Blu-ray player.

Anyone know if a HDMI splitter will work, to send one signal direct to TV and one to receiver?

Anyone had success doing this and can recommend a particular splitter?

Thanks for any help/advice :)

Last edited:

bow79

Yes it needs to send 2 signals at same time I was on a thread the other day and some one pointed out one they had looked at did not say it was 1.4 complient or whatever. I have got an old sony one no problems but do not have 3d

dante01

Distinguished Member
An HDMI splitter will not work and you'd need an HDMI matrix or distribution amp that allows the the EDID to be stored while one output deals with the video clock signal and HD audio and the 3D video by another. Such matrix boxes do not come cheap. You'd need to have confirmation of the matrix being able to do as you want prior to purchase seeing as not all matrix boxes can do this.

HenryHonda

An HDMI splitter will not work and you'd need an HDMI matrix or distribution amp that allows the the EDID to be stored while one output deals with the video clock signal and HD audio and the 3D video by another. Such matrix boxes do not come cheap. You'd need to have confirmation of the matrix being able to do as you want prior to purchase seeing as not all matrix boxes can do this.

OK, thanks Dante. It may well be cheaper then to sell my Oppo BDP-83 and buy a BDP-103... Just need to sneak it in under my other half's radar!

HenryHonda

OK, thanks Dante. It may well be cheaper then to sell my Oppo BDP-83 and buy a BDP-103... Just need to sneak it in under my other half's radar!

So, did the dirty deed and purchased a BDP-103 today... I've now got a BDP-83 for sale... The Panasonic VT65 series haven't appeared in this part of the country yet :(

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom