HDMI Splitter

blackmaverick

Hi Guys,

I have a Panny 42PV500 and PS3/Sky HD and only 1 HDMI socket unfortunately! Can anyone recommend a good quality auto sensing splitter that I can use?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello blackmaverick

Its an HDMI Switch (multiple Inputs to Single Output) rather than a Splitter (Single Input to Multiple Outputs) you require.

Have a look at the Octava range - they offer Automatic source selection; see http://www.octavainc.com/

Joe

blackmaverick

Thanks guys, just having a look now. I also had the xtreme hd hdmi switch recommended also and will compare.

Dan Walton

I got an Octavia swithcer in readiness for my PS3 arriving last month, everything works perfectly with it, most impressed. :smashin:

staxdoobie

This is fast turning into the Octava Appreciation Society; another vote from me. Got the 3x1 switch, works like a charm (and no picture degradation whatsoever on an HD projector). :clap:

erniebert1

hi guys, been looking at the octava a short while now and seeing how everyone is prasing it , looks like its worth getting :)

just a quick question if anyone could kindly answer please.

Hope this doesn't sound dumb but if the switch autosenses like everyone says it does why would they need to supply a remote for it?

lee

thfccambs

Banned
Hope this doesn't sound dumb but if the switch autosenses like everyone says it does why would they need to supply a remote for it?

lee

Good question.:confused:

It works a treat though with auto switch.Im sure Joe will answer that for you.;)

Stackers

It only auto switches when you power up/power down a device; so if you have Sky on and then power up an HDMI DVD player it will auto switch, same when you power down.

I guess the remote would be if you kept on the DVD player but wanted to switch to Sky although I've never had to do this.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom