HDMI Splitter Recommendation

TXWill

Novice Member
I would like to split my Spectrum DVR to two different AV Receivers -- one is a Denon 4500 the other a Denon 3313. Each Receiver has 2 Zones set up, each with it's own TV. Can someone recommend an HDMI splitter (1x2)? Thank you!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The trick here is understanding what signal you want to send to each AVR - will a mirrored signal matching the capabilities of the least capable AVR have a detrimental affect on the signal the Source is capable of Outputting to the primary AVR?

What format is the Source Outputting and do both AVR's support that format?

Joe

TXWill

Novice Member
Thanks Joe. A mirrored signal is fine -- mostly will only be used by one AVR at a time. Trying to be able to playback from the Spectrum DVR on TVs on both Denons, but only one at a time. Both AVRs can pass and upscale to 4K so I'm OK with least capable AVR capability. I have read about some people having handshake issues with their HDMI splitters, and as a novice, was hoping to avoid as many of those issues as possible!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'I have read about some people having handshake issues with their HDMI splitters' - you can definitely run into issues around EDID and HDCP with a 'splitter' connected to two AVR's.

If you want stable performance we would suggest the HDFury Integral2 - though some folk will say that is overkill for the requirement, Integral 2 | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI

Joe