HDMI splitter "No signal"

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Rodherick, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Rodherick

Rodherick
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I am really desperate and need some advice if anyone has got the same problems below

I have exactly same connections below in pair...

1 android tv box(A) connected to a HDMI splitter(HS) with 4 outputs.
    Only 2 outputs are used:
    -One HDMI out connected to a TV(TV1) through a 3 mts HDMI cable(HC3)
    -The other HDMI out to another TV(TV2) connected by a 25 mts HDMI cable(HC25).

The 2nd android tv box has exactly the same configuration as above and both are placed in the same room. Both devices are switched-on non-stop for around 12 hours daily.

My problem is that one android tv box is having the "No signal" problem whereas the other has never had that "No signal" problem.

It is happening often, let's say 3-4 times daily.

Here are the things that are different between the two setups:
    - TV1 are not same TV models
    - HC3 are not same HDMI cable models but same specifications
    All the others are exactly same models.

Here are the tests I did up to now and results:
    - Interchange TV1 but the "No Signal" still occurring 3-4 times daily on the side.
    - Got 2 other HDMI splitters to test on the faulty side but "No Signal" still occurring 3-4 times.
    - Tried another HDMI cable (HC3) but still having occasional "No Signal" on the same side.

I am going to try with another android tv box next time to see. I do not want to interchange the android device, nor the HDMI splitter as I do not want to trouble the setup that is working fine! ;)

Here is the model of splitter I am using:
    1X4 4-Port Powered 3D Splitter Amplifier HDMI Splitter Black Color | eBay

Please any advice or sharing will help...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,542
    25m HDMI - is too long a cable run for reliable HDMI connectivity unless the cable is Amplified or you have a powered Repeater close to the Sink (TV).

HDMI Distribution Amp (Splitter) - try moving the long cable run to Output 1 (invariably folk put the furthest away TV on the higher sockets and they may not be so well specified). If possible try pulling TV 4 closer to the DA and connect to it with a short cable run to see how reliable that is.

Android TV Box - have you tried swapping them around?

Signal - you don't say what signal the Android TV Box is Outputting you could try setting it to a lower resolution and see if things start to work.

Joe

NOTE If you are HotSwapping kit (plugging/unplugging when devices are On or in Standby) there is always the risk that you could damage an HDMI Input or Output socket.

3. Rodherick

Rodherick
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply...
    Yes, the 25 mt cable is amplified and I also try to put the furthest TV to output1 socket but it kept having the same issue after a while.

I also did lower the resolution but it did not solve the problem.

What is fussing is that the other one is working fine with the same configuration... and this is why I did not swap the two android tv box. I surely need to do it later on.

Today, I bought another model of tv box and waiting to see the result.

You are probably right by saying it could be that plugging/unplugging when devices are On or in Standby might have damaged the HDMI socket.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!