HDMI Splitter Issues

Waterhobit

Novice Member
I am trying to connect a PC to a pair of Acer P6500 projectors using an HDMI splitter, but get nothing but a black screen. I can connect a computer monitor and a TV to the splitter without issue, and I am able to connect either projector directly to the PC without issue. One thing of note is that if the projector is connected directly to the PC, when the projector is turned off, Windows no longer recognizes the projector as a display, this is of course different from the standard behavior of W10 with standard monitors, and I am wondering if it might be causing the splitter to not recognize the projector in some way.

Does anyone have experience solving a similar issue?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Does anyone have experience solving a similar issue?' - Yes a very common issue which can be resolved by adding an HDFury Dr HDMI (1080p) or Dr HDMI 4K (2160p) EDID/signal manager between the PC and the Distribution Amp or replace the Distribution amp with a device such as the HDFury Integral, Integral², Vertex or Vertex² which all have onboard EDID and signal management to ensure the PC Output always stays active.

Joe

Waterhobit

Novice Member
'Does anyone have experience solving a similar issue?' - Yes a very common issue which can be resolved by adding an HDFury Dr HDMI (1080p) or Dr HDMI 4K (2160p) EDID/signal manager between the PC and the Distribution Amp or replace the Distribution amp with a device such as the HDFury Integral, Integral², Vertex or Vertex² which all have onboard EDID and signal management to ensure the PC Output always stays active.

Joe
This makes sense. Thank you, this does sound exactly like an EDID issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom