HDMI splitter issue

Steve Adams

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have an issue with the HDMI splitter on my current set up.
I have a Samsung smart tv with 3 HDMI sockets & wanted to set up as follows

HDMI 1 Amazon firestick
HDMI 2 splitter (ONE FOR ALL - SV1630 3-Port HDMI Switch) for Sky Q box & SONY - UBP-X500 4K Ultra HD 3D Blu-ray & DVD Player
HDMI 3 (ARC) SONY - HT-S20R 5.1 Sound Bar

I cannot get any signal through HDMI 2 using the splitter, but when I plug them in individually they work.

Any ideas?

Steve.

Power - always a bad design choice to rely solely on the power on the HDMI signal bus and not provide external power.

4K - very loose use of the term in the marketing, as it is HDCP 1.4 it will only support 4K at 30fps which is no use for you.

Look for a HDCP2.2 enabled switch - preferably with HDR support and one with an external PSU.

Joe

Power - always a bad design choice to rely solely on the power on the HDMI signal bus and not provide external power.

4K - very loose use of the term in the marketing, as it is HDCP 1.4 it will only support 4K at 30fps which is no use for you.

Look for a HDCP2.2 enabled switch - preferably with HDR support and one with an external PSU.

Joe
Thanks Joe, how about this?

Portta 4K 3-Port HDMI Switch |Auto Switch| HDMI Switcher 3 Input 1 Output |HDMI Splitter| V2.0 with IR Remote Support Full HD 3D 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 HDCP2.2 HDR​

【Package Contents】3X1 HDMI switch _ x1, DC Power Cable x1, IR Remote Control x1, IR Extendcr Receiver x1
Steve.

Good and bad reviews from folk I know who sell them - great when they work but reliability is an issue.

Joe

I’m not an expert but have experience of cheap and not so cheap.

The cheap never worked, but, about 12 years ago I bought I CYP 1 in and 4 out splitter (I have hardly changed my system in that time so it been used pretty much every day for literally 12 years)

It cost a mind blowing £99 12 years ago (I bought 2 eventually) and has never let me down, it has its own external PSU which was a pain at the time due to taking up another plug socket

Point being, I recommend CYP brand

Something like above should do it, took me ages to realise that where HDMI is concerned there is a valid reason why a splitter that costs £20 is not as good as one that costs a shed load more.

Last edited by a moderator:
This system requires a Switch not a Distribution Amp - the thread title is misleading, though I agree about purchasing decent quality kit.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom