Hdmi splitter issue

troopa9

Standard Member
I have a hdmi 2x1 splitter powered. So i have my tv in output 1 and projector in output 2. The input comes from my yamaha rx-v371 receiver, which has my sky hd and ps3 plugged into it.
My issue is i can only get sky to display on my projector, the ps3 will only work if i unplug the hdmi going into the splitter from the tv. Its almost like the display is locked to the tv from ps3, as if it will only allow it to be displayed on 1 display at a time?
Anybody help??

dante01

Distinguished Member
Do the TV and the PJ have the same display capabilities? Note that if they differ then the source can only output what one of the displays can handle at any one time. Your SKY box can only output a maximum 1080i signal while the PS3 can output up to 1080p. The Ps3 is unable to ascertain whether to use the capabilities of you TV or the capabilities of your PJ as guidance as to what it can output via HDMI and as such doesn't output anything. Even though you are not using both the TV and the PJ simultaneously, both send back a return signal to the PS3 while it is connected to the splitter. This even occurs while one of the devices is in standby and would still result in your PS3 not knowing which destination's capabilities to comply with. You need to configure your sources HDMI video output so that it doesn't exceed either the capabilities of your TV and those of your PJ.

troopa9

Standard Member
Both my tv and pj are capable of full hd @ 60hz. Im thinking it might be that the splitter i have doesnt seem to be hdcp compliant.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Many budget Distribution Amps (DA) cause problems on the Output side of an AVR.

Does the 1x2 DA have an External PSU and is it installed?

Power everything off at the wall and simplify the system to Source > 1x2 DA > TV + Projector - does the problem stay?

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Start with no disc in the PS3 - if you get an image on both displays then insert a BD, that will then enable HDCP.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom