HDMI Splitter Issue

big john 1983

Hi,

Couldn't find anything specifically relating to my problem.....so.....

I had an Octava 1 in 2 out to allow me to connect my Samsung TV and Optoma PJ to my Onkyo amp output without having to swap leads all the time. However after a while the Octava stopped working. I gave Joe a call at TMF and he kindly offered to look at the unit for me....he did and found no fault.

I left it for ages, then decided to try a cheap unit from ebay that said it was fully HDCP compliant.

I hooked it up and it works a treat for Sky HD and the Xbox, but as soon as I try to watch my Popcorn Hour, I get no picture on either source. I have tried taking out the lead to the Xbox (to the amp) and putting it in the Popcorn......it works! I then put the original lead back in.......and it works!

So what is my problem........is it the HDCP handshake? Any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance,

John :thumbsup:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Without some (very) expensive diagnostics kit it's impossible to say for sure where the problem lies.

If your hot plugging kit you could be confusing the system - always best to power everything off at the wall whenever you are about to make a hardware change.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom