• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question HDMI splitter issue driving me crazy....

hotjambalaya

Novice Member
Hi all have a bit of an issue that led me here, so far 2 AV guys and Neet's technical department are all a bit puzzled, so hopefully someone can think of something!

I have a simple Neet hdmi splitter, sending my sky signal to the main living room tv and the tv in the bedroom (via neet extenders & cat6).

There is no problem with the bedroom tv or signal and I can watch sky there with no problem.

The problem is that no matter what I do, I can't get a signal from the splitter to the main tv.

I have:

Plugged the bedroom tv into both outputs to see if both work, they do.

Tried 3 different HDMI cables from the living room tv into both splitter outputs, nothing.

Tried all 3 of the same HDMI cables from the living room tv, directly into the sky box, all work.

Tried using a friends HDMI splitter, with exactly the same result.

Tried them jointly and individually.

When I plug in the bedroom HDMI cable the red light activates on the splitter, it does not activate when the living room tv is plugged in.

The system all worked previously with the addition of a switcher, but at some point months ago it stopped working, I just plugged the living room tv directly into the sky box and binned the switch, its only now I'm trying to get it organised.

I don't know if its some sort of handshake issue with samsung TVs, but it worked for years previously, nothing else has been changed.

Any ideas? I'm totally lost with this one....

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI devices require power.

HDMI devices must have the option of an external PSU - even where they are advertised as potentially working without one.

Your TV HDMI port is not supplying enough current to power the Distribution Amp (Splitter).

Add an external power source to the DA or replace it with a Powered device.

Joe

hotjambalaya

Novice Member
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. The neet splitter is powered, so not sure if thats it? It almost as if the splitter doesn't know the hdmi is plugged into it, so was wondering if its something from the tv end?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI is definitely 'interactive' in that all devices have to communicate and pass/confirm encryption keys - it doesn't take much for that communication to fail.

HDMI CEC could be at play here - find and disable HDMI Control (Anynet or Anynet+ ) on both TV's and also on the SKY box - see SKY HDMI One-Touch-Play As soon as we... - The Media Factory | Facebook

NOTE on the Samsung TV you will likely have to have an active Source on the HDMI Input before you see the menu option to disable CEC.

Also try different Inputs on the TV - there is usually one which is not CEC enabled.

Joe

hotjambalaya

Novice Member
Thanks, I'll have a poke around later. Yeah, I think you're right about the samsung tvs, unless a device is plugged in I cant select an hdmi channel as a source, it doesn't appear at all.

One other thing someone mentioned to me was EDID management thinking there might be some sort of conflict between the two tvs, though I dont think that would explain why the samsung wont work from the splitter when the other tv isn't plugged into it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom